23 January 2023

Potholes and Road Repairs

To effectively register potholes and road repairs, use the FixMyStreet website or App, which allows you to locate the exact position of the problem and submit a photo.  This is then directly submitted to the correct council department and keeps track of when/if the problem is dealt with (including re-contacting the council if nothing is done).  A very effective tool.

Citizens Advice Bureau / What Matters Hubs

Citizens Advice Bureau – 

Contact Peebles Citizens Advice Bureau for information on a range of issues including benefits, debt advice, cost of living support, consumer, employment and housing issues – for free confidential advice, call them on 01721 721722. 

The Citizens Advice Bureau, doctors, churches, social work and schools can also make referrals to Peebleshire Foodbank  for people in need of emergency food parcels.

SBC – What Matters Hubs – 

What Matters Hubs offer drop in sessions and appointments where you can meet people from community groups and voluntary organisations as well as social workers and occupational therapists.  For more information, click here.